Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Respond Software has launched a First Responder Service. The service claims to leapfrog traditional MSSP and MDR services that depend too heavily on human analysts and false positives.
2. Funding and Platform Launch: CyCognito has raised $18 million in Series A funding and launched a platform to help customers assess their attack surface. Key investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners with significant participation by Sorenson Ventures and a personal investment from Microsoft Chairman John W. Thompson.
3. Identity as a Service: ForgeRock has unveiled the ForgeRock Identity Cloud. The offering spans two products: Identity Platform-as-a-Service and ForgeRock Identity Cloud Express — a developer-focused SaaS solution for embedding identity capabilities into apps.
4. Research – Cybersecurity Salaries: Here’s a snapshot of cybersecurity jobs and salaries across the United States.
5. Cloud Security: Trend Micro has unveiled Cloud One, a security services platform for organizations building applications in the cloud. The Cloud One platform will be available in Q1 2020 with three services fully integrated: workload security, network security and application security. The other components will be available as stand-alone solutions in Q1 2020 and integrated into Cloud One by the end of 2020. The overall portfolio will span Workload Security, Container Image Security, File Storage Security, Network Security, Cloud Posture Management and Application Security.
6. Louisiana Ransomware Attack: Louisiana has activated the state’s cybersecurity team in response to attempted ransomware attacks, the Governor tweeted. Some reports suggest the attacks knocked out some websites and computer services.
7. Macy’s Data Breach: Details are here.
8. Disney+ Denies Breach Rumor: Details are here.
9. Talent – Threat Detection: PolySwarm has hired Steve Laskowski as chief revenue officer (CRO).
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. ThreatStack Partner Program: Threat Stack has launched a new partner program for VARs, MSSPs and MSPs. The Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform can provide MSSP and MSP partners with access to security telemetry directly within existing security workflows and tools like SIEMs, the company asserts. Early partners include Optiv, Levvel, and VLCM.
4. Partner Program: Menlo Security has launched the BOOST! Channel Program for North American partners. The company also recently named Danielle Wilson as director of North America channels. The company’s customers include seven of the 10 largest banks, four of the five largest credit-card issuers, and some of the largest energy and critical infrastructure companies in the world, Menlo Security says.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.