Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. SOAR and MDR: Alert Logic has expanded its SOAR capabilities as part of its comprehensive managed detection and response (MDR) solution.
2. Microsoft 365 Security Audits: Netwrix has released StealthAUDIT 11.5, which includes expanded data discovery and permissions reporting capabilities for cloud databases and extends data governance for Microsoft 365, the company said.
3. SaaS Security Posture Management: Cynet‘s XDR platform now features integrated SaaS security posture management (SSPM) and centralized log management (CLM) capabilities, the company indicated.
4. Account Takeover (ATO) Attack Mitigation: PerimeterX has announced early access availability of PerimeterX Credential Intelligence. Designed for retail e-commerce businesses, financial services companies and any organization dealing with the threat of account takeover (ATO) attacks, the cloud-native web app security solution “flags and stops the use of compromised credentials on websites and mobile apps with speed and accuracy,” the company said.
5. Regulations – Bank Cyber Incident Disclosures: U.S. banking regulators finalized a rule that directs banks to report any major cybersecurity incidents to the government within 36 hours of discovery, CNBC reported.
6. Cyber Insurance Under Pressure: Insurers have halved the amount of cyber cover they provide to customers after the pandemic and home-working drove a surge in ransomware attacks that left them smarting from hefty payouts, Reuters reported.
7. Memento Ransomware: a new group of threat actors, known as Memento team, leverages Python-based ransomware, Sophos research revealed.
8. California Pizza Kitchen Data Breach: Details are here.
9. Indonesian Police Department Hacked: Indonesian police are investigating claims by a hacker who said this week they have stolen personal data of thousands of police officers, the latest in a spate of cyber attacks that has highlighted the country’s digital vulnerabilities, Reuters reported.
B. Cybersecurity Partnerships, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
3. Integrations: Sumo Logic has launched new integrations with CircleCI and GitLab, which are “designed to help development teams build, run and measure the health of the entire software delivery lifecycle,” Sumo Logic asserted.