Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP): 20 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks IT Services Firm: The latest victims are Cognizant and some of its customers.
2. Work From Home – CISO Advice: In a fireside chat, Datto CISO Ryan Weeks describes key steps MSPs can take to safeguard customers’ home networks and connections to business systems.
3. News Orleans Ransomware Attack: The Orleans Parish Assessor’s Office is the latest government agency to be hit with a cyberattack, according to local news reports.
4. Partnership: Australian cybersecurity firm Pure Security will leverage DarkOwl’s darknet data to monitor customers’ exposure on the dark net.
5. North Korea Cyber Aggression?: The Department of Homeland Security offers this warning…
6. COVID-19 and Cyberattacks: The FBI offers this warning.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar