Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. RSA Conference News: Track our RSA Conference 2020 news and analysis content here.
2. SIEM for SOC Analysts: Sumo Logic‘s new Cloud SIEM Enterprise offering is now available. It features new capabilities to help SOC analysts identify and prioritize high fidelity threats and automate the analyst workflow. Sumo Logic will present the solution in booth #252 of the South Hall.
3. Growth – SIEM: Exabeam ended 2019 with $100 million in billings, and a growth rate that eclipsed the growth rate for the SIEM market overall, the company said.
4. Scholarships: Exabeam has launched the Exabeam Cybersecurity Scholarship Program. The company Exabeam is looking to invest in students who are passionate about addressing the cybersecurity challenges of the future and possess the curiosity to pursue innovative solutions.
5. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): BlueVoyant, a global analytics-driven cybersecurity firm, has introduced a MDR Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection (D-ATP), a unified next-generation anti-virus (NGAV) and endpoint detection and response (EDR) platform.
6. Talent – Data Protection CISO: Veeam has named Gil Vega has been appointed chief information security officer (CISO). Vega previously was managing director and CISO at CME Group, and the Associate Chief Information Officer & CISO for the U.S. Department of Energy and U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement in Washington.
8. Research – Cloud Data Leaks: Nearly 33.4 billion records were exposed in breaches due to cloud misconfigurations in 2018 and 2019, amounting to nearly $5 trillion in costs to enterprises globally, DivvyCloud reports.
9. Government Cybersecurity: The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has deployed the Forescout cybersecurity platform across 1.3 million unique devices at more than 280 physical locations.
10. Mobile Security: NowSecure has launched an Interactive Security Testing (IAST) purpose-built for mobile apps.
11. Cyber Program: Recorded Future introduces security operations and response module.
12. Pen Testing Training: The SANS Pen Test Austin 2020 taking place April 27 – May 2 in Texas.
13. MGM Resorts Data Breach: MGM Resorts has acknowledged that personal information of about 10.7 million hotel guests was published on a hacking forum earlier this week, CNET and ZDnet report.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partners: Cygilant, provider of Cybersecurity-as-a-Service to mid-sized organizations, has inked a joint partnership with Barac, a platform for protecting organizations against malware hidden in encrypted traffic through AI metadata analysis.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar