Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 20 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cybersecurity Suites: BlackBerry Spark Suites are now available. The suites feature cybersecurity and endpoint management options to help protect data, minimize risk, and reduce cost and complexity.
2. Funding – Cyber Insurance: Coalition has raised $90 million in equity capital led by Valor Equity Partners. Felicis Ventures, Greyhound Capital, and Coalition’s existing investors participated in the round.
3. Remote Work – Security: Varonis Systems has released a Varonis Data Security Platform update give remote, cloud-enabled organizations enhanced visibility and control over their most sensitive and valuable data, the company says.
4. Revenues – Cloud SIEM: Exabeam says its SaaS Cloud generated more than half of the company’s Q1 FY21 new and add-on recurring revenue.
6. Email Security: Abnormal Security has launched VendorBase, a global, federated database that tracks the reputations of an organization’s vendors and customers, and improves detection accuracy of advanced social engineering attacks, the company says.
7. Talent – Utility and Energy Security: Fortress Information Security has recruited EY veteran Michael Bailey to assist utility customers with third-party risk management and supply chain security concerns.
8. Talent – Endpoint Security: Kaspersky has hired RSA veteran Randall Richard as the new head of enterprise sales for the United States.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – Unified Endpoint Security: Lookout, Carbon Black and VMware are partnering to deliver a Unified Endpoint Security (UES) solution.
2. Partner Program – Cloud Security: Armor has enhanced its Global Partner Program with new perks for MSPs. VARS, master agents and resellers also are partner targets for the program.
C. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar