Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 21 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com and Managing Editor James.Masters@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. Cloud Security Warranty: Aqua Security has introduced a $1 Million Cloud Native Protection Warranty. The warranty, which is available at no cost to all customers who have fully deployed the Aqua Platform, will pay up to $1 million in the event of a proven successful attack, the company said.
3. ServiceNow Data Protection: OwnBackup has extended its cloud-to-cloud backup and recovery solution to support ServiceNow. OwnBackup already has established report for Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics.
4. SaaS Certification – Cyber Resilience: SaaS cyber resilience products from CyberRes have all achieved International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 27001.2013 certification of the Information Security Management System (ISMS) category. The certification essentially confirms that CyberRes “demonstrated that it implements, maintains and continually improves its SaaS offerings for information security management systems as it pertains to customer data and customer privacy,” the company said. CyberRes is a Micro Focus line of business.
5. Luna In Rust Ransomware: A new hacker group, known as Luna, uses ransomware written in Rust to easily port malware from one operating system to another, according to Kaspersky.
6. Okta Security Debate: Okta’s software could allow attackers to easily exfiltrate passwords, impersonate other users, and alter logs to cover their tracks, according to Automize research, DarkReading reported. Okta offered this perspective on the report.
7. MSSP Executive: Performanta has hired NTT Security veteran Quentene Finnigan as COO.
8. Funding- SOC Platform: Anvilogic raised $25 million in Series B funding led by Outpost Ventures. Anvilogic positioned the security operations platform for enterprises, but did not mention potential MSSP and MSP consumption use cases.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar