Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 21 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Help Wanted – SOC Analysts: Kaseya plans to hire 500 employees for its Miami, Florida, office by the end of 2022, the company said in a prepared statement. The MSP software provider is seeking to fill technical, sales and marketing roles. Moreover, the company is seeking to hire cybersecurity analysts as part of a new managed security operations center (SOC) build-out.
2. Security Operations Centers (SOCs) and Amazon Alexa: SOCSoter has released Cyber Connect, a new Amazon Alexa Skill that enables SOCSoter customers to ask questions about their current cybersecurity status, the company says.
3. Palo Alto Networks Quarterly Financial Results: Key metrics include:
- Total revenue was $1.1 billion in Q3 of 2021, up 24 percent from Q3 of 2020.
- A net loss of $145.1 million in Q3 of 2021, which was larger than a $74.8 million net loss in Q3 of 2020.
The Palo Alto Networks financial results generally exceeded Wall Street’s expectations.
4. Talent – Digital Identity Trust and Verification: Socure has hired Gary Sevounts as chief marketing officer (CMO).
5. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Kudelski Security has launched FusionDetect, a cloud-native analytics platform that enhances the company’s MDR services.
6. SD-WAN Security: The SD-WAN by NetFortris solution now supports an addition of Managed Virtual Firewall Service.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Breach Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has launched the AttackIQ Partner Academy, a central hub for the company’s resellers, distributors, systems integrators and consultants to learn about the latest advancements in the practice of a threat-informed defense, AttackIQ says.
2. Partnership – Web Security: LogRhythm released a new SmartResponse plugin (SRP) for Zscaler. The plugin “speeds up the detection of unwanted and blacklisted URLs in your network and gives analysts the ability to quickly take action,” the companies say.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar