Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
2. Fortinet Invests In Linksys:Fortinet has invested $75 million in Linksys, and the two companies will work to further secure home networks.
3. M&A – Encryption Security Assets for Sale: Certain Secure Channels assets — including encryption software and a parent portfolio — are up for sale, according to Hilco Streambank.
4. Funding – Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA):Axis Security has raised $50 million in Series C funding, bringing its total raised to date to $100 million. The latest funding round was led by new investor Spark Capital with participation from existing investors Canaan Partners, Ten Eleven Ventures, and Cyberstarts.
5. Funding – Operational Technology & IoT Security: SCADAfence has raised $12 million in funding aimed at accelerating growth. The round, led by existing investor JVP, also includes strategic investor Rapid7 and the participation of other existing shareholders. The new funding will help SCADAfence to “further accelerate its expanding global customer base across a diverse set of industries – including manufacturing, water treatment, critical infrastructure, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and building management systems (BMS),” the company says.
6. MSP – CMMC Security Accreditation:NeoSystems, an IT systems integrator and MSP, says 10 of its employees have achieved Registered Practitioner (RP) status from the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Accreditation Body (AB). As a result, NeoSystems can conduct CMMC readiness assessments and deliver “compliant managed security services designed to ready organizations for audits,” the MSP asserts.
7. Talent – CISO and Unified Communications:Mitel has named Arvind Raman as chief information security officer (CISO).
8. Alliance – Cloud Security Audits: The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) and ISACA have released the Certificate of Cloud Auditing Knowledge (CCAK), the first credential available for industry professionals to demonstrate their expertise in the essential principles of auditing the security of cloud computing systems, the two organizations say.
9. Potential Cybersecurity Legislation – Connecticut: The Center for Internet Security, Inc. (CIS) testified before the Commerce Committee of the State of Connecticut General Assembly on March 18, 2021, at a hearing to consider a bill that would incentivize the voluntary adoption of cybersecurity best practices. The bill, introduced by Representative Caroline Simmons, provides a safe harbor for organizations that implement reasonable cybersecurity controls, including industry recognized cybersecurity frameworks such as the National Institute of Standards and Technology Cybersecurity Framework (NIST CSF) and the CIS Controls, according to a CIS statement.