Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 22 October 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. McAfee IPO: Shares begin trading today.
2. Check Point Software Financial Results: Check Point Software Technologies says revenue was $509 million in Q3 of 2020, up 4 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. Also, GAAP net income was $201 million compared to $188 million in the third quarter of 2019, the company says. The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
3. Risk Management Part One: Agile1, a managed detection and response (MDR) platform and SOC-as-a-Service provider, has launched Predictive Analytics Risk Scoring. The service allows organizations to identify, prioritize and quantify cybersecurity risks with 78% fewer false positives, Agile1 says.
4. Risk Management Partner Two: deepwatch has unveiled Lens Score, an application for Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) and those who are accountable for measuring, monitoring, and improving their company’s overall security operations maturity.
5. Security Assessments: Zyston, a managed security service (MSSP) & MDR provider, has introduced CyberCAST cybersecurity assessment. With a focus on evaluating security program maturity, Zyston’s CyberCAST combines a technical penetration test with a security assessment.
6. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and MDR: eSentire is partnering with UiPath to deliver the first of its kind end-to-end security policy automation across multiple Microsoft Security services, the companies say.
7. Cyberattack Mitigation: After suffering a cyberattack, Proctortrack by Verificient will resume its online test proctoring services. The system is going back online “following a comprehensive audit by an independent cybersecurity provider,” Verificient says. The audit concluded that “an unauthorized access into one of the company’s servers had been quickly contained and that customer data was not breached,” the statement added.
8. MSSPs and Extended Detection and Response (XDR): SecBI has updated its Universal XDR Platform with multi-tenant capabilities for MSPs and MSSPs. The upgrade also features:
- Expanded vendor integrations with PAN, Zscaler, Mimecast, Proofpoint, CrowdStrike, Cybereason and other best-of-breed cybersecurity tools.
- Simplified playbook deployments for threat detection and response.
- User defined detection and severity management lets customers control the severity level of different threats, so SOC teams can focus on the cyber threats that matter most, the company says.
9. Mobile Phishing Mitigation: SlashNext has introduced phishing defense software for mobile devices that run Apple iOS and/or Google Android.
10. Managed IoT Security Services – Power Companies: NanoLock Security and Genus Power Infrastructures are partnering on a cybersecurity solution that protects smart metering infrastructure from cyberattacks, theft, and fraud. The solution also provides a new managed security service for utilities and smart city customers that would reduce their operational costs, especially in remote rural areas through trusted Over-the-Air (OTA) updates, while securing revenue that is often lost due to theft and fraud, the companies say.
11. Patch Management: Ivanti has launched Ivanti Neurons for Patch Intelligence and Ivanti Neurons for Spend Intelligence. The solutions are designed to offer self-heal and self-secure devices and self-service end users.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- Grayhat Virtual Cyber Conference (October 29-31, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Ignite20: Palo Alto Networks Conference (November 17-18, Virtual Conference)
- Black Hat Europe 2020 (December 7-10, Virtual Conference)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar