Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. New Orleans Ransomware Attack – Recovery Update: New Orleans plans to increase its cyber insurance policy to $10 million following a recent ransomware attack that rocked the city’s computers, KLFY reports.
2. Apple Bug Bounty Program: Apple has opened its bug bounty program to all security researchers, offering rewards of $1 million or more for discoveries of major flaws in its operating systems, The Verge reports.
3. US Navy Bans TikTok: The U.S. Navy has banned the popular social media app TikTok from mobile devices over increasing concerns that the Chinese-owned app presents a security risk, SiliconAngle reports.
4. Talent: Don Ainslie, a senior security leader with over 35 years of experience, has joined Secuvant as the executive VP of risk management and professional services.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent: Binary Defense, an MSSP with managed detection and response (MDR) capabilities, has hired Jack Jackson as VP of worldwide channel sales.
2. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): GuardSight, a Top 200 MSSP for 2019, cybersecurity as a service, and managed detection and response (MDR) company, has embedded the PolyLogyx endpoint detection and response (EDR) platform into its service offering.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.