Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 January 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected]
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Research – MSSPs and Security Operations Centers: More than 40 percent of customers find their MSSPs to be completely ineffective, according to a Respond Software and Ponemon Institute research report about SOC analysts and MSSPs. We’ll offer some more context for the findings soon.
2. Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber, a startup that provides cyber insurance for small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs), has launched the Cowbell Prime 100. The offering empowers “insurance agents to issue personalized cyber policies with up to $5m in Limits,” the company says.
3. Expansion – North America: Cobwebs Technologies, a specialized open-source web intelligence company that supports national security agencies, law enforcement agencies, and corporate security departments, is entering the American market with an office in New York City.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Integration – MSP Security Software: Kaspersky now integrates with SolarWinds RMM. The result: MSPs can leverage the SolarWinds RMM console to deploy and manage Kaspersky’s endpoint security products. Kaspersky has a similar integration in place with SolarWinds N-central.
2. Cloud Distribution – Security: Pax8 has agreed to offer to partners TitanHQ’s SpamTitan Cloud for email security and WebTitan Cloud for DNS filtering and protection.
3. Talent – Cloud Security: FireMon has hired Westcon-Comstor Americas and Synnex veteran Andrew Warren, as vice president of global channel sales.
4. Partnership: ElevenPaths, the Telefonica Cybersecurity Unit, has agreed to offer Nozomi Networks’ solutions for OT cyber resiliency and real-time operational visibility to customers worldwide, the companies say.
5. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar