Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Emergency Small Business Loans: Here’s how to find them.
2. Work From Home – Free Technology Offers: Here’s the list, updated daily.
3. M&A – IT Services: Nemko Group of Oslo, Norway has acquired System Sikkerhet, a provider of cybersecurity assessment and technology consultancy services.
4. Talent: Abacode, a cybersecurity and compliance firm, has hired Greg Chevalier as senior VP of partner development and sales strategy.
5. Financial Services Data Breach: Finastra, a company that provides a range of technology solutions to banks worldwide, shut down key systems in response to a security breach discovered on March 20, KrebsOnSecurity reports.
6. Compromised Data for Sale: The personal details of more than 538 million users of Chinese social network Weibo are currently available for sale online, ZDNet reports.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar