Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 23 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP – Executive Promotion: Cyber Defense Labs, a Top 250 MSSP located in Dallas, Texas, has promoted Jason Lobell to CTO. He previously was managing director of cyber managed security services and deputy chief technology officer.
2. Integration – Automated Detection and Response: ARIA Cybersecurity Solutions is expanding its use of NVIDIA technologies to further protect partners and customers from ransomware attacks.
3. Competing XDR Alliances: CrowdStrike has launched the CrowdXDR Alliance. That CrowdStrike partner effort surfaced roughly two months after a different XDR Alliance had launched, SC Media noted.
4. Funding – Mid-Market Cyber Insurance: Resilience has raised $80 million in Series C funding co-led by General Catalyst and Corey Thomas of Rapid7, with participation from Lightspeed Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Charles River Ventures, Shield Capital, and Intact Ventures.
5. Ransomware Warning – Thanksgiving: MSSPs should identify point contacts and remain vigilant against ransomware attacks — which are often timed for holidays and weekends, the CISA noted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- @Hack (November 28-30, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPOWER Digital 2022 (January 26-27, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2022 (February 7-10, San Francisco)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar