Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 23 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor James.Masters@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. European Expansion: Wipro, which has a Top 250 MSSP business unit, is expanding its cybersecurity consulting practice into Europe.
2. Partner Program – Cyber Resilience: CyberRes has launched an MSSP partner program. The business and parent Micro Focus are set to be acquired by OpenText, which also offers MDR services to MSPs and MSSPs.
3. Distribution – Email Security and Backup: Hornetsecurity has inked multiple distribution deals to expand the company’s reach in the Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Poland, Czech Republic, Gulf States, Emirates, Middle East, North Africa, Cyprus and Turkey.
4. Data Protection: Panzura has launched a data management and protection solution for customers that work in sensitive data environments, such as public sector, healthcare, and financial services. Panzura’s workloads run on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
5. Risk Management: Sonrai Security has released a Risk Insights Engine. The software allows security teams to “apply platform-recommended remediations to existing lateral movement risks, benchmark their performance against self-defined goals and similar organizations, and report KPIs clearly to illustrate security status over time,” the company said.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)