Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 August 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. M&A – Email Security & Phishing Mitigation: Kaseya has acquired Graphus, a cloud-based email security and phishing defense platform for Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite. The acquisition surfaced as part of this week’s Connect IT Global 2020, a virtual Kaseya event for MSPs (managed IT service providers) and IT professionals.
2. Rumor – Ransomware Attacks Chip Supplier: The third-largest semiconductor company in the world, South Korea’s SK Hynix, refused to comment on whether or not it has fallen victim to a ransomware attack that appears to have resulted in a breach of its corporate data, IT News reports.
3. Ransomware Attacks Konica Minolta: Details are here.
4. APT Group – DeathStalker Details: Kaspersky researchers are sharing new details about DeathStalker, a mercenary advanced persistent threat (APT) group that has been leveraging efficient espionage attacks on small and medium-sized firms in the financial sector since at least 2012, the company says.
5. Integration – Endpoint Security and SOAR: Infocyte is now integrated with Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR (previously Demisto). Through this integration, Infocyte and Cortex XSOAR automate detection and response to SOC workflows, the companies say.
9. Endpoint Security – Government Compliance: McAfee MVISION for Endpoint has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) Authorization designation at the moderate security impact level.