Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 December 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP News Alerts
1. M&A – Cybersecurity Startup: Goldman Sachs has acquired White Ops Inc.
3. DDoS Attack Targets Citrix Networking Appliances: Hackers have launched an ongoing DDoS attack pattern using DTLS as an amplification vector vs. Citrix Application Delivery Controller (ADC) networking appliances with EDT enabled, BleepingComputer reports.
4. Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: Distribution giant Ingram Micro in Dubai launched a cybersecurity assessment tool called CyberGramSM. ChannelE2E is checking to see if the tool or something like it is available in North America.
5. Ransomware Attacks Vermont Hospital: A ransomware attack has crippled the University of Vermont Medical Center and disrupted vital systems for weeks, Seven Days VT reports.
6. SolarWinds Orion Vulnerability – Customer Assistance: Numerous vendors have raised their hands to assist customers with the SolarWinds Orion Vulnerability. For instance, SentinelOne’s XDR platform protects against the SolarWinds SUNBURST vulnerability, SentinelOne asserts. Also, CyberArk and Zscaler have each introduced to assessment programs to assist Orion customers. But most importantly: SolarWinds continues to update a SUNBURST / Orion Security Advisory here.