Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 February 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Growth – Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS): Cysiv doubled its SOCaaS customer base and revenue was up more than 100% in 2021, the company said. Actual revenue dollar figures were not disclosed.
4. Government Security – SOAR: Swimlane‘s SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) software platform is “being adopted by leading U.S. Government agencies to improve overall cybersecurity effectiveness while meeting the requirements of recently-issued Executive Orders M-22-09 and M-21-31,” the company asserted.
5. Government Security – Zero Trust: A CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) official told a White House industry advisory panel that the agency was working on guidance for federal agencies around how best to adopt “Zero Trust” security strategies, SC Media reported.
6. Ukraine-Russia – Cyberattacks?: After Russia announced it would send troops into Ukraine under the guise of a peacekeeping mission, new wiper malware has started targeting Ukrainian enterprises, SC Media reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar