Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. IPO – Identity and Access Management (IAM): BIO-key International ($BKYI) raised nearly $24.8 million in an IPO. BIO-key develops authentication solutions based on biometric centric, multi-factor IAM technologies.
2. Funding – Attack Surface Management: CyCognito, which develops solutions that uncover and prioritize cyber risks, has raised $30 million in Series B funding, bringing the company’s total funding to $53 million. Accel led the round with participation from previous investors Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sorenson Ventures and UpWest.
3. ASUS WiFi Router Vulnerability: Details from Trustwave’s Spiderlabs are here.
4. Partner Program – Data Security as a Service: ALTR has launched a new partner program for systems integrators and OEMs, as well as small consulting firms and developers that co-sell, refer-sell or implement ALTR Data Security-as-a-Service (DSaaS).
5. Partnership – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Beyond Identity has joined the Ping Identity Technology Alliance Program. Beyond Identity’s passwordless authentication integrates with Ping Identity’s single sign-on (SSO) solution, PingFederate.
6. Upgrade – Security Information and Event Management (SIEM): LogRhythm NextGen SIEM 7.5, along with new Open Collector technology have launched. LogRhythm 7.5 provides “enhanced analyst workflow experiences and visibility, while Open Collector simplifies the process of onboarding cloud data sources for more holistic monitoring,” the company says.
7. Research – Mid-Year Cyber Threat Report: SonicWall’s latest findings are here.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar