Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP Engagement: Formula 1 has named Herjavec Group as its official cybersecurity services provider.
2. SIEM Storage – Cost Management: Stellar Cyber has developed a long-term storage strategy that ensures MSPs, MSSPs and end customers don’t suffer from runaway costs that legacy SIEMs and proprietary XDR solutions sometimes trigger, Stellar Cyber asserts.
3. Security Analytics: Exabeam has announced Exabeam Alert Triage, a cloud-native application that will “help security analysts confidently wrangle the overwhelming number of alerts coming at them each day from a myriad of other third-party vendor tools,” the company says. The company also launched Threat Detection, Investigation & Response (TDIR) use case packages to “help security operations centers (SOCs) improve workflows from collection to detection, investigation and response using an outcome-based approach.” TDRI will be generally available in Q2 2021.
4. Research – SOC Survey: Cybersecurity is managed by a dedicated department nearly half (47%) of enterprises, while only 22% of the same size companies have an in-house Security Operation Center (SOC) responsible for continuous monitoring and responding to security incidents, Kaspersky research finds.
5. Talent – Continuous Security Intelligence: SOC Prime has named Till Jäger as VP of Sales Engineering, Anton Goncharov as Chief Product Officer, Andreas Süß as Chief Strategy Officer, and Joachim Kühne as VP of Sales.
6. Talent – CISO: LogMeIn has hired Michael Oberlaender as chief information security officer (CISO). Oberlaender will be responsible for managing and growing LogMeIn’s security program, including infrastructure, applications, and overall data security for both internal systems and the company’s suite of award-winning software products.
7. Breach Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has updated its AttackIQ Informed Defense Architecture (AIDA). It now features “adversary emulation architecture built to test artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)-based cyber defense technologies in production, while emulating comprehensive, multi-stage attacks,” the company says.
8. Device and Network Security: SOCSoter has developed Secure Asset Management, which offers a network map showing interconnectivity among all devices on the network, whether they belong or not. Secure Asset Management allows MSPs to see which devices are “talking” to each other, what types of devices they are and their IP/MAC addresses. Each pinpoint on the network map can be manipulated to give a clear view of each asset and offers a drill down with additional information, SOCSoter says.
9. Network Security: Fusion Connect is promoting a “single device solution” that delivers unified threat management (UTM) and SD-WAN services for mid-market and enterprise companies.
10. API Security: An updated 42Crunch API Security Platform is now globally available. Key features include 42Crunch Security Audit — which includes 200+ static analysis security checks for OpenAPI format conformance, authentication, authorization, transport, data validation, and API security best practices, the company says.
11. Funding – Cyber Risk Management: Trava has raised $3.5 million in seed funding. The round was led by TDF Ventures and included participation from High Alpha Capital and M25.
12. Vulnerability Mitigation: Cybersixgill has launched a predictive vulnerability management solution called the Dynamic Vulnerability Exploit Score (DVE). The DVE Score leverages machine learning to quantify the intent of threat actors and anticipate the exploitation of a vulnerability up to 90 days in advance.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partner Program – Security Awareness Training: Curricula has launched a channel partner program for MSPs.
2. Integration – PAM and EDR: Remediant SecureONE now integrates with VMware Carbon Black Cloud to unify privileged access management (PAM) with endpoint detection and response (EDR).
3. Partner of the Year: AT&T Cybersecurity has named American Virtual Cloud Technologies Inc. as its 2020 Growth Partner of the Year. This annual award recognizes national MSSPs and MDRs for “their exceptional growth as well as top sales performance, high level of commitment, innovation, world class service delivery and collaboration with the AT&T Cybersecurity Partner Program,” the company says.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Huntress hack_it 2021 (March 22-24, Virtual Conference)
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar