Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Distribution – Zero Trust Security: Exclusive Networks has agreed to distribute Infinipoint’s Device-Identity-as-a-Service (DIaaS) security solution. The agreement initially focuses on mid-market aligned partners across France, Germany and the UK. More territories are expected to be added in early 2022.
2. Baltimore Ransomware Attack Costs: The cost of the ransomware attack on the Baltimore County Schools is now nearly $10 million, according to a local news report.
3. Partner Program – Multi-Cloud Data Backup: HYCU has introduced the Global Partner PACE (Partners Accelerating Cloud Environments) Program. The new program eliminates tiers of engagement — making it “easier to meet partner demands for easy to use, deploy and manage backup and recovery as a service consistently regardless of cloud or location,” the company said. The new program also includes purpose-built tracks for MSPs, Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) and Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) along with enhancements for resell and distributor partners, the company said.