Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 August 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. AWS MSSP Partnerships: Details surfaced here.
2. Cloud SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response): Sumo Logic has announced general availability of Sumo Logic Cloud SOAR. The new offering follows the recent launch of Sumo Logic Cloud SIEM Powered by AWS. The overall goal: Help enterprise SOC teams to modernize their security operations, Sumo Logic said. In a blog, Sumo Logic emphasized CISO needs but did not mention potential MSP and MSSP use cases.
3. Seed Funding – Incident Response Platform: BreachQuest has raised $4.4 million in seed funding from Slow Ventures, Tinder Founders Sean Rad and Justin Mateen and Lookout Founder Kevin Mahaffey. The company’s goal: Modernize incident response.
4. Pentesting for AWS: HackerOne has announced expanded capabilities for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers. The relationship provides “effective and streamlined vulnerability management for AWS environments,” HackerOne asserts.
5. Distribution – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Tech Data has agreed to distribute ActZero’s MDR software. ActZero announced an MSP and MSSP partner program in May 2021, and raised $40 million in funding in March 2021.
6. IT Solutions Provider – Managed Security Services: Centrilogic has launched an expanded Cybersecurity and Managed Security Services portfolio, led by Steven Cohen, a deeply experienced security industry veteran. Key services span: CISO-as-a-service, security assessments, managed security, and incident response services.
8. Security Services for SASE: IBM Security has launched Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) services in partnership with Zscaler. The services are designed to help customers with such business needs as hybrid workforce, third-party access, merger & acquisition execution, network transformation, 5G and IoT connectivity protection.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Top 250 MSSPs 2021 List (September 16, Live Webcast and On-Demand)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2021 (October 13, Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar