Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 25 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Talent – PAM: PTC veteran Matthew Cohen will join CyberArk as chief revenue officer, effective December 2, the privileged access management (PAM) security company has disclosed.
2. Talent – Department of Homeland Security (DHS): Jeanette Manfra, a senior cybersecurity official at the Department of Homeland Security, plans to step down from her position, CyberScoop reports.
3. Ransomware Attacks New Jersey School District: The Livingston School District in New Jersey suffered a ransomware attack on November 22, and the district is now striving to recover from the attack. The district will have a delayed opening on November 25, Certain systems, including the district’s main phone system, are offline.
4. Ransomware Attacks California School District: The Claremont Unified School District of California is the latest victim of a ransomware attack that has resulted in the shutdown of its internet, Newsbreak reports. The the email system was not working, and as a precaution, the district unplugged its Internet connection, the report says.
5. Ransomware Attacks French Hospital: Communication in The University Hospital Centre of Rouen in northern France got crippled after the ransomware attack back on November 15, 2-Spyware reports..
6. Ransomware Attacks 110 Nursing Home Organizations: The fallout appears massive, according to KrebsOnSecurity reporting.
7. Data Breach Lawsuit: Target is seeking $74 million in data breach reimbursement from an insurance company, DarkReading reports.
8. T-Mobile Breach: Details are here.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Container Security: Sonatype has introduced an open API that allows third-party container scanners to integrate with the company’s Nexus Lifecycle platform.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.