Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 February 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Services: Digital Guardian has launched an MDR service. It features a 24/7 team of cybersecurity experts who actively hunt, detect, and mitigate external and internal attacks before they can put an organization’s sensitive data at risk, Digital Guardian asserts.
2. Growth – MDR: CriticalStart, a Top 200 MSSP, says its MDR service business grew 101 percent in 2019 vs. 2018. The company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures, so it’s difficult to put the growth rate in proper context.
3. Growth – SOCaaS: LogRhythm broke its quarterly sales record in Q4 2019, but the company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures, or the business growth rate.
4. Funding – Application Security: cPacket Networks, a provider of network-aware application and security assurance solutions, has raised $15 million led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital.
5. Research – Cloud Snooper Cyberattacks: Sophos has released a report on Cloud Snooper, a sophisticated attack that uses a unique combination of techniques to allow malware on servers to communicate freely with its command and control servers through firewalls, the security company says.
6. Penetration Testing: Bishop Fox has launched s Continuous Attack Surface Testing (CAST) managed security service. CAST is a subscription service that combines a next-generation attack platform with expert-driven penetration tests to deliver visibility into an organization’s security posture, Bishop Fox asserts.
7. Cyber Asset Management: Axonius has launched Cloud Asset Compliance. The service automatically determines how cloud workload, configuration details, and accounts comply with industry security benchmarks.
B. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
3. Financial Services – Compliance: Agio, a provider of cybersecurity and managed IT services for the financial services industry, has rollout out a Governance Portal. Powered by Apptega, the portal aligns broker-dealers and registered investment advisers, including hedge funds, private equity firms and asset managers, with the SEC Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations’ (OCIE) Cybersecurity Risk Alerts and subsequent guidance, Agio asserts.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2020 (May 16-21, New York)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar