Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 March 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Emergency Small Business Loans: Here’s how to find them — though the government infrastructure is straining amid record requests for help.
2. Work From Home – Free Technology Offers: Here’s the list, updated daily.
3. COVID-19 and Cybersecurity: An international group of nearly 400 volunteers with expertise in cybersecurity formed on Wednesday to fight hacking related to the novel coronavirus, Reuters notes.
4, Palo Alto Networks – Partner Update: Palo Alto Networks is taking multiple steps to help partners navigate the coronavirus pandemic. For instance, the security company has adjusted its compliance requirements to ensure solutions providers maintain their various partner program designations. Additional partner support efforts include online certifications, extended certifications, virtual labs and social selling strategies. Check out the details from Senior VP Karl Soderlund.
5. Network Security – COVID-19 Guidance: Untangle has a resource page here.
6. Cloud-based SIEM: Panther Labs has launched Panther version 1.0, an open source SIEM designed to meet the needs of cloud-first organizations. Panther provides capabilities for early threat detection, log analysis, conducting breach investigations and more using Python, the company says.
7. HP Security Solutions: The new offerings include HP Pro Security Edition, HP Proactive Security, and HP Sure Click Enterprise.
8. Partnership – Endpoint Protection & Threat Hunting: The CrowdStrike Store now includes Hunters, an autonomous threat hunting solution.
9. Office 365 Security – Part One: Long View, two-time Microsoft Canada Partner of the Year, has launched User Shield – a solution to secure Microsoft Office 365. Long View says the platform:
- Secures Microsoft Office 365 environments
- Utilizes Microsoft’s Sentinel SIEM
- Utilizes automated playbooks for real-time responses where possible
- Leverages 24×7 SOC expertise to triage more complex problems and provide advisory to clients
- Leverages a ruleset tested in the field
10. Office 365 Security – Part Two: Kaspersky today announces a new version of Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Office 365 now protects SharePoint Online and enables secure file sharing within Microsoft Teams, the company says.
11. Funding: Security provider Stellar Cyber, which develops an Open-XDR security platform, has received $7.1 million in additional funding in an expansion of its Series A round, bringing the total to $21.8 million.
12. Military Data Leak: Security researchers have discovered that Doxzoo, a British document printing and binding company, has suffered a major security breach exposing personal documents of hundred of thousands of its customers — including some military organizations, Digit reports.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar