Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 26 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. MSSP – Security Operations Center: Security On-Demand Inc., an MSSP, has opened its third security operations center — this time Salt Lake City, Utah. The company also has SOCs in San Diego, California, and Warsaw, Poland.
2. Managed Security Services: Cerberus Cyber Sentinel has launched the Cerberus Sentinel Secured Managed Services to “help organizations step up their cybersecurity protections with security-focused, end-to-end network and device management solutions provided by a team of senior staff,” the MSSP asserted.
3. Funding – Cloud Data Privacy: Piiano raised a $9 million seed roundled by cybersecurity-focused VC YL Ventures with the participation of Jibe Ventures and founders of cybersecurity companies such as Snyk, Armis, Wiz and Aqua.
4. Funding – Cloud-Native Logging and Security Analytics: Devo Technology has raised $250 million in Series E funding at a valuation of $1.5 billion. TCV led the round, along with new investors General Atlantic and Eurazeo and existing investors Insight Partners, Georgian, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Kibo Ventures.
6. Research – Lazaraus Supply Chain Attack Tactics: Lazarus, an advanced threat actor, is developing supply chain attack capabilities and using its multi-platform MATA framework for cyber-espionage goals, according to quarterly research from Kaspersky.
7. Talent – API Security: Noname Security has hired 10Security veteran Matt Tesauro as API Security Evangelist. Tesauro will “engage with Noname customers and the security industry at large, contributing to standards bodies and sharing his experience, insights and strategies on API security,” the company said.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Integrations and Strategic Alliances
1. Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Cofense has joined MISA, an ecosystem of independent software vendors and MSSPs that have integrated their solutions to better defend against a world of increasing threats. Cofense was nominated for membership based on Cofense PhishMe’s Recipient Sync feature, which allows operators to automatically provision and update users from their organization’s Microsoft Azure Active Directory (AD) to their PhishMe master recipient list, Cofense indicated. MISA had 67 MSSP members as of mid-2021.
3. Partnership – Cyber Insurance: BCS Insurance Company, Risk Placement Services (RPS) and Paladin Cyber have partnered to cross-promote cyber insurance and small business vulnerability monitoring services. Small businesses that purchase BCS cyber liability insurance coverage, administered by RPS Small Business, will gain complimentary access to Paladin Shield, a cyber protection suite that offers continuous vulnerability monitoring and a suite of defense and training tools for teams.
4. Channel Chief: ESET has hired Ingram Micro veteran Ryan Grant as VP of sales to lead the company’s U.S. sales team, including its channel program.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- CISA National Cybersecurity Summit 2021 (October 27, Virtual)
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar