Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 26 September 2022
Greetings and salutations. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, September 23, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Typically every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Executive VP & Editorial Director at Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSSP M&A – The Global List: See 134 MSSP mergers and acquisitions listed here.
2. MSSP M&A – CrowdStrike Partner Acquired: The MSSP buyer was Fujitsu.
3. Microsoft Exchange Cyberattacks: Microsoft researchers explain the latest attack methods here.
4. Kaspersky – European Union (EU) Ban?: Five countries that are European Union members want to ban Kaspersky’s security software from use…
5. Talent – Cybersecurity Training: A nonprofit group is expanding a federally funded program that recruits K-12 students to pursue cybersecurity degrees at Historically Black Colleges and Universities, SC Media reported. The program, called Project REACH (or Realizing Equitable Access to Cybersecurity in High School), is run by CYBER.ORG, a cybersecurity workforce development organization and began with a pilot at Grambling State University last year, the report said.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Trellix Xpand Live 2022 (September 27-29, Las Vegas)
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Palo Alto Networks Ingnite22 (December 12-15, Las Vegas)