Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Wawa Data Breach Lawsuit: Wawa has been hit with a wave of lawsuits claiming the company failed to protect consumers from a massive data breach that exposed their credit and debit card information, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
2. Web Traffic Security: A Kaspersky Web Traffic Security upgrade features improved early detection of sophisticated web threats, the company says.
3. 5G Security: U.S. National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien has warned UK about allowing Huawei into its 5G telecommunications networks, saying such a move would pose a risk to UK’s secret intelligence services, the Financial Times reported, according to Reuters.
4. Election Security: Connecticut Secretary of the State Denise Merrill says the state will receive about $5 million in federal funds to help protect the 2020 elections from cyberattacks, Security Magazine reports.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.