Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 27 December 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4j and Log4Shell: Roughly 10% of all assessed assets are vulnerable to Log4Shell, and 30% of organizations haven’t even begun looking for this bug, according to Tenable.
2. Ransomware Attacks IT Consulting Firm: Global IT consulting firm Inetum Group suffered a ransomware cyberattack that impacted “certain operations” in France.
3. Avos Locker Ransomware Attacks: The Avos Locker ransomware family has been ramping up attacks while making significant effort to disable endpoint security products on the systems they target, according to Sophos.