Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 27 July 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. AWS and MSSPs: Track our live coverage of the AWS re:Inforce 2022 cloud security conference here.
2. MDR and EDR Integrations: Critical Insight, a managed detection and response (MDR) service provider, now integrates with nine endpoint detection and response product (EDR) security platforms. The list includes.
- Carbon Black Defense
- Carbon Black (VMware Carbon Black Cloud)
- CrowdStrike Falcon
- FireEye HX
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Palo Alto Cortex XDR
- Symantec ATP
3. Partnership: Cyderes has embrace the Stairwell Inception platform to further improve the MSSP’s managed detection and response (MDR) solutions.
4. Partnership – IoT Security: NetRise and Fortress Information Security are partnering to further safeguard critical infrastructure.
5. Threat Hunting Service: CrowdStrike has introduced Falcon OverWatch Cloud Threat Hunting, a standalone threat hunting service for “hidden and advanced threats originating, operating or persisting in cloud environments.”
6. Security Analytics: Uptycs has announced new cloud detection and response (CDR) capabilities for “detecting and remediating sophisticated attacks against cloud infrastructure,” the company said.
7. Research – Record Data Breach Costs: The average cost of a data breach is now $4.35 million, up 13% over the past two years, IBM reported.
8. Venture Capital – Cisco Investment: Cisco Systems is investing in Island, a secure browser designed for enterprise users, this report indicated.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar