Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Russia Hackers: Russian cyber spies behind the SolarWinds Orion hacking campaign launched a targeted spear-phishing assault on U.S. and foreign government agencies, Microsoft alleges, according to the Associated Press.
2. Pulse Secure Updates: CISA has updated an alert about Pulse Connect Secure Vulnerabilities. The updated alert now includes new threat actor techniques, tactics, and procedures (TTPs), indicators of compromise (IOCs), and updated mitigations. Source: CISA, May 27, 2021.
3. Funding – Network Security: SAM Seamless Network, a network security company for consumers and SMBs, has raised $20 million in Series B funding.
4. SIEM and SOC as a Service (SOCaaS): Cysiv has launched a unified global architecture for Cysiv Command, a cloud-native SIEM (security information and event management) platform. With this new architecture, clients can cost-effectively meet data residency and compliance requirements, and better support regional security operations, Cysiv asserts. The improvements allow customers t specify where their logs are stored within one of 25 regions of their choice—from across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific—while still being able to view and query them at a global level, Cysiv says.
6. Integration – SASE and Google Cloud: Versa Networks now integrates with the Google Cloud Network Connectivity Center (NCC). The result: Customers can gain “secure and reliable connectivity to cloud workloads and on-premises resources in an automated, dynamic approach that reduces total costs of ownership,” Versa Networks asserts.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Siemplify SOCstock 2021 (June 15, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar