Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 28 October 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A Rumor: It looks like email security software provider Mimecast is up for sale…
2. M&A – Container Security: SUSE has acquired container security software company NeuVector for $130 million. Several large MSSPs and IT security consulting companies are NueVector partners, including Accenture, NTT Data, Protech and Sogeti (part of Capgemini).
3. AWS Security Monitoring: NTT has launched the Cyber Threat Sensor AI (CTS-AI) to “ensure scalable security for client applications and workloads hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS).”
4. Partnership – SD-WANs: Verizon Business has expanded its global SD-WAN offering with the addition of Verizon Software Defined Secure Branch with Fortinet Secure SD WAN. The solution is “designed to provide businesses, including enterprise and business market customers, with a converged networking and security solution in-a-box’ to secure and connect hybrid and remote workforces,” Verizon asserted.
5. Localized Cloud-Based Security: Qualys has launched two new multi-tenant cloud platforms catering to Australia / New Zealand, and the United Kingdom.
6. Connected Device Security: Ordr has expanded its platform to include a Ransom-Aware Rapid Assessment service. The service helps security teams accelerate their response to ransomware and other advanced attacks, Ordr said.
7. CheckPoint Financial Results: Security company Check Point Software Technologies announced Q3 results. Key metrics include:
- Revenue of $534 million, up 5 percent compared to Q3 of 2020.
- Net income $187 million, down from $200.7 million in Q3 of 2020.
8. Ransomware Attacks:
- Papua New Guinea’s finance department has been hit with a ransomware attack, locking access to hundreds of millions of dollars in foreign aid money, Bloomberg reported.
- The National Rifle Association (NRA) has been hit by a ransomware attack, becoming the latest victim of a massive spike in these attacks this year, according to The Hill and associated reports.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar