Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 April 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIEM: CybrHawk has announced the integration of memory injection solution to its SIEM Platform to fight zero day attacks. CybrHawk inline memory Injection uses Memory mapping technology which locks down undocumented and approved changes to memory.
3. Funding: Accurics, a ‘code-to-cloud’ security specialist, has emerged from stealth mode and raised $5 million from ClearSky, WestWave Capital, Firebolt Ventures and Secure Octane. Accurics is also making a free version available for download so that organizations can quickly assess their cloud risk posture.
4. Work From Home: RapidFire Tools, a Kaseya, has launched a Network Detective Work from Home (WFH) solution. It features a self-service portal that allows WFH employees to initiate a network and security scan. The scan allows MSPs and IT support pros to analyze and documented home user systems before those systems are permitted to connect to the corporate network.
6. Identity and Access Management (IAM): Identity Automation has upgraded RapidIdentity. It now features password blacklist screening, scheduled entitlements, and FIPS compliance certification, among other enhancements.
7. College Ransomware Attack: Illinois Valley Community College hired consulting firm Rehmann to unlock its servers after a security breach to its network was discovered Friday, MyWebTimes reports.
8. MSP Ransomware Mitigation: NIST offers this guidance.
9. SLAs – Vulnerability Management: Kenna Security is launching a risk-oriented approach to setting service level agreements (SLAs) within its flagship Kenna.VM offering and unveiling Kenna.VI — a new vulnerability intelligence product.
10. Talent – Endpoint Security: PC Matic has promoted Kayla Elliott to VP of marketing.
11. Attack Simulations: Guardicore has upgraded its Infection Monkey breach and attack simulation tool. The tool now maps its actions to the MITRE ATT&CK knowledge base to help security and network infrastructure teams simulate advanced persistent threat (APT) attacks and mitigate real attack paths intelligently.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership: WatchGuard Technologies has launched Business Network Protect (BNP) Complete, an enterprise-grade security solution for small and midsized businesses built in partnership with Deutsche Telekom. The BNP Complete solution combines a DSL modem and Wi-Fi router with enterprise-level security protections; all within WatchGuard’s Firebox T35-DW.
C. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar