Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 29 July 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ransomware Attacks Rhode Island: Rhode Island College Foundation and the Providence Children’s Museum were both affected by a ransomware attack on an outside vendor that might have exposed personal information, Providence Journal reports.
2. Ransomware Attacks Atlanta Business: A ransomware attack has hit SiteOne Landscape Supply of Atlanta, Georgia, a local report says.
3. Cisco SecureX Further Explained: Details are here…
4. Partnerships – Privileged Access Management (PAM): Thycotic has built U.S. relationships with Deloitte, PwC, EY and RSM, the company says.
6. Integration – SMB Network and Endpoint Security Management: The Untangle Command Center now allows customers to monitor and manage their endpoints protected with Bitdefender Cloud Security for MSP, the companies say.
7. Integration – Threat Intelligence and Endpoint Security: Cyware threat intelligence now integrates with VMware Carbon Black to bring automated threat detection and remediation to mutual customers, the companies say.
8. Re-Branding – Threat Modeling Company: Continuum Security has chanced its name to IriusRisk, effective July 2020. The former Continuum Security and current IriusRisk are not related to the Continuum company that merged with ConnectWise in 2019.
9. Amazon Fraud Detector: AWS has launched Amazon Fraud Detector, a fully managed service that allows users to identify potentially fraudulent online activities like online payment and identity fraud, Amazon Web Services asserts.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar