Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 March 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Russia Hacked Department of Homeland Security – Report: Alleged details are here.
3. Apple Security Patches: Apple on March 26 released security updates for iOS, iPadOS and watchOS. Find them all here.
5. Managed Detection and Response (MDR): The American Hospital Association (AHA) selected CI Security for MDR across hospitals and healthcare networks. The AHA also selected CI as the Preferred Cybersecurity Provider for MDR, a HIPAA security risk assessment, and continuous vulnerability identification with expert support, the company says.
6. Launch – IDaaS Software: Evo Security, an Identity and Access Management (IDaaS) software company, has launched various security services focused on MSPs, MSSPs and resellers. Evo’s zero-trust IAM suite that includes MFA (Multi-Factor Authentication), SSO (Single Sign-On), and PAM (Privileged Access Management PAM, along with “several new innovations” that solve problems unique to MSPs and how IAM is administered in a one-to-many, multi-tenant construct, the company says.
8. Application Protection: The McAfee MVISION Cloud Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) is now available, McAfee says. The new security service designed is secure cloud native applications.
9. DDoS Attack – Alleged Hacker Charged: Thomas A. Johnson of North Carolina has been charged with launching a March 2016 distributed denial of service (DDOS) attack that disrupted Internet access across Plattsburgh, New York, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Cloud Security Summit 2021 from Fortinet (April 6-7, Virtual)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar