Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 March 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Email Errors Trigger Job Loss: Nearly a third of employees (29%) said their business lost a client or customer after sending an email to the wrong person in 2021 — up from the 20% in 2020. Moreover, one in five respondents (21%) also lost their job because of the mistake in 2021, versus 12% in July 2020, according to Tessian.
4. Australia Cybersecurity Budget: It’s growing…
5. Russia Hacker Leak: A Ukrainian researcher revealed the operations of Trickbot, one of the most powerful cybercriminal enterprises with its Conti ransomware, after the group defended Russia, The Wall Street Journal reported.
6. International Expansion: Xalient, a UK-based provider of networking and cybersecurity solutions, has made several executive hires in the United States. Key moves include:
- Jeff Gray as VP, US Operations;
- Kevin Peterson as senior cyber security strategist;
- Andrew Creech and Randy Leach as principal consultants;
- Marc Mancuso as senior business development manager; and
- Emilee Khalil as senior account manager.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar