Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 May 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Email Security Transition?: FireEye appears to be shutting down its Email Laundry security service. Partners and customers are being told to transition to Hornetsecurity’s competing service, source say. MSSP Alert has reached out to FireEye for a status update on the Email Laundry service, and we’ll update this entry if we receive more information. FireEye acquired Email Laundry in 2017. MSSP Alert
2. PonyFinal Ransomware Attacks: Microsoft Security Intelligence is warning about PonyFinal, a form of Java-based ransomware that is deployed in human-operated ransomware attacks…
3. NSA – Sandworm MTA Warning: The National Security Agency (NSA) has released a cybersecurity advisory on Russian advanced persistent threat (APT) group Sandworm exploiting a vulnerability—CVE-2019-10149—in Exim Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) software.
4. University Ransomware Attack: Michigan State University has suffered a ransomware attack.
5. Talent: Malwarebytes has hired Verizon Media veteran Dariusz Paczuski as senior vice president of marketing.
6. SMB & MSP Cybersecurity: Transmosis has launched CyberOps, a cybersecurity software service for small businesses and MSPs
7. Breach and Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has launched AttackIQ Informed Defense (AIDA) — an automated security testing platform and “the most signifiant product release” in AttackIQ’s history, the company says.
8. Funding – Bug Hunting: Synack has raised $52 million in Series D funding. The company develops a crowdsourced security testing platform to find critical software vulnerabilities.
9. Free Ransomware Protection: NeuShield is providing six months of free ransomware protection to new customers in healthcare, public sector and education.
10. Partnership: RangeForce will expand its operations in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) under a distribution agreement with First Step MEA.
B. Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Canceled, Postponed or Online Only (Source: ChannelE2E)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar