Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 29 November 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. AWS Cloud Security: Here is the latest news from this week’s AWS re:Invent 2022 conference in Las Vegas.
2. Partnership – SOC and Managed Security Part One: Tata Communications International has extended its partnership with Intertec Systems, a system integrator in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), to offer managed services in the region. As part of the partnership, Tata Communications brings its Cyber Security Operations Centre (SOC) and managed security services to “bolster the cyber defenses of enterprises in the region,” the companies said.
3. Partnership – SOC and Managed Security Part Two: Blueshift Cybersecurity has teamed with Service Provider Partners (SPP) to offer managed security services backed by a SOC. Under the partnership, SPP will provide onboarding assistance and ongoing customer support, while Blueshift will provide 24×7 SOC monitoring of any devices deployed with Blueshift Protect, the company said.
4. Partnership – Cybersecurity Training: Think On, Canadore College and CYBER RANGES are partnering to deliver “world-class, military-grade, simulation-based cybersecurity training to students and IT professionals in North America,” the three organizations said.
5. Cyber Insurance Market Shift: While cyber insurance has evolved significantly in recent years, insurers say they might still be unprepared for the fallout from a catastrophic cyberattack, The Wall Street Journal reported.
6. Talent – Security Marketplace: Batten, a digital marketplace platform providing expert vetted and consumer recommended security solutions, has hired Kurt Sanger as a Cybersecurity Expert.
7. SMB WiFi Security: Zyxel Networks is bundling its Connect and Protect security service with select Zyxel WiFi access points. The security service “protects small business WiFi networks from cybersecurity threats and optimizes WiFi connectivity for the business and its patrons to improve connectivity and customer satisfaction,” the company said.
8. GameStop Data Breach – False Alarm?: Retailer GameStop has responded to reports that users could view customer information that was not theirs, claiming that no breach occurred and the data seen was “part of a test,” Gamerant reported.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)