Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 29 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Hackers Exploit Microsoft Netlogon Vulnerability: Cisco Talos is tracking a spike in exploitation attempts against the Microsoft vulnerability CVE-2020-1472, an elevation of privilege bug in Netlogon, the networking giant says.
2. Microsoft Outlook Data Protection: Stellar has released Stellar Repair for Outlook, a tool that enables users to parse severely corrupt PST of all sizes and recover mailbox data, including deleted emails with 100 percent precision, the company asserts.
3. Ransomware Attack – Las Vegas: Following a ransomware attack against Clark County School District (CCSD) in Las Vegas, hackers have breached and released student and employee data, a report says.
5. Talent – Identity and Access Management (IAM): Passwordless identity management provider Beyond Identity has named Adam Clay as chief revenue officer (CRO). In this newly created role, Clay is charged with overseeing revenue operations and accelerating corporate growth for Beyond Identity. He reports directly to Co-Founder and CEO Tom (TJ) Jermoluk.
6. User Activity Monitoring (UAM): Forcepoint has introduced “Dynamic User Protection that redefines modern user activity monitoring (UAM) and insider threat protection with the industry’s first cloud-native solution to deliver out-of-the-box functionality with no policy configuration,” the company says.
7. Cyber Protection: Sixgill, a provider of threat intelligence enablement and enrichment technologies, has “pioneered a preemptive incident response methodology, Continuous Investigations/Continuous Protection (CI/CP),” the company says.
8. Endpoint Security – Financial Services: NatWest Group will offer Malwarebytes to the bank’s consumer and business banking customers worldwide. NatWest Group customers will now be able get a free license to install Malwarebytes Premium to protect their digital experiences from within their Online Banking portal, the companies say.
9. Integration – Risk Analysis: Mimecast, an email security and cyber resilience company, has released Mimecast Cloud Archive for Theta Lake. The integration is designed to streamline risk analysis and governance efforts in the current remote working era to enable capture, retention, eDiscovery, and automated risk detection across relevant productivity applications, the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar