Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 31 May 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Meet At ConnectWise IT Nation Secure: MSSP Alert will be on-site at the conference. If you’d like to potentially meet please email me (Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com).
3. Careers – Bug Bounty Hunting: Fully 96% of ethical hackers would like to dedicate more time to bug bounty hunting in the future, and 66% are considering it as a full-time career, according to the second annual Ethical Hacker Insights Report from Intigriti.
4. Microsoft Vulnerability: Microsoft has issued CVE-2022-30190 regarding the Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool (MSDT) in Windows vulnerability.
5. Google Chrome Security: BlackBerry has launched Chrome Enterprise Management with BlackBerry UEM, providing Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) support for devices that run Google Chrome OS and Chrome browser in enterprises.
6. Alleged Verizon Data Breach: A hacker has allegedly obtained a database that includes the full name, email address, corporate ID numbers, and phone number of hundreds of Verizon employees, Motherboard reported.
7. Integration – ServiceNow Incident Response: JFrog has unveiled new integrations for JFrog Xray with ServiceNow’s Lightstep Incident Response and Spoke products for IT Service Management. Available immediately, the JFrog Xray integrations with ServiceNow provide “real-time insights on security vulnerabilities and compliance issues to quickly engage necessary team members from across the organization for more immediate response and remediation,” JFrog asserted.
8. Funding and Incident Response: Surefire Cyber has launched as an incident response company to help cyber insurers, brokers, law firms, and the organizations they support to better manage cyber events such as ransomware, email compromise, and other cybercrimes. The company also announced $10 million in Series A funding, led by Forgepoint Capital.
9. Funding – Risk Reduction: Seemplicity has launched with $32 million in funding. The funding includes a $26 million Series A round led by Glilot Capital Partners through its early growth fund. The company previously raised a $6 million seed round led by S Capital.
10. Funding – Cybersecurity Startups: SYN Ventures, a VC firm founded and led by former Fortune 500 CISOs and C-level security leaders, has closed of its $300 million Fund II. The closing comes less than 12 months since the launch of its debut fund, and continues the firm’s focus on early-stage cybersecurity, industrial security, national defense, privacy, regulatory compliance, and data governance startups, SYN Ventures said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar