Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 31 January 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Azure Cloud Vulnerabilities: Microsoft has patched two Azure cloud vulnerabilities discovered by Check Point Software.
3. Forcepoint for Sale?: Raytheon has bought out its partner in the Forcepoint cybersecurity business, paving the way for its potential exit from the underperforming company, The Wall Street Journal reports. Raytheon paid $588 million to Vista Equity Partners for its minority stake in Forcepoint, four years after creating a business aimed at selling military-style cyber products to commercial clients such as banks and retailers, the report notes.
4. Talent – MDR: Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service provider eSentire has hired Trustwave veteran Charles “C.J.” Spallitta as chief product officer. Both companies are Top 200 MSSPs for 2019.
5. Cisco Small Business Switch Patches: Details are here.
6. MSP Security Tip Sheet: Malwarebytes offers perspectives here.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar