Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 7 March 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Partnership Announced: SafeGuard Cyber announced that BSL Group has joined its Illuminate Partner Program. As the program’s newest managed security service provider (MSSP), BSL Group will ensure that joint customers adhere to the dynamic and often ambiguous regulatory requirements related to business communications risks.
2. Product Launch: Fortinet has made several enhancements to FortiSASE, its single-vendor SASE solution, to enable additional deployment flexibility and new secure access capabilities for digital resources across private applications, SaaS and the internet. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
3. Cloud Security Research Released: Palo Alto Networks has published its 2023 State of Cloud-Native Security Report. Palo Alto Networks surveyed more than 2,500 C-level executives globally to better understand their cloud adoption strategies and how well those strategies are working. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
4. Funding Boost: Deep Instinct has secured an investment from PayPal Ventures. The investment further validates confidence in Deep Instinct’s unrivaled ability to see cyber threats well before other solutions can, the company said. The funding will accelerate Deep Instinct’s growth, driven by its threat prevention technology.
5. MSP Book Published: Charles R. Weaver, CEO of MSPAlliance, a global industry association and accrediting body for the cybersecurity, cloud computing and managed services provider (MSP) industry, has published the second edition of The Art of Managed Services and Cloud Computing. Originally published in 2007, The Art of Managed Services offers readers a comprehensive view of the managed services profession, from its origins up to the modern day.
6. Contract Award: Riverside Research, a provider of cybersecurity open architecture solutions, has received a multi-year award from the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Along with its teammates, Boston University, High Peaks Cyber and BedRock Systems, Riverside Research will perform work under DARPA’s Hardening Development Toolchains Against Emergent Execution Engines (HARDEN) program. HARDEN aims to develop practical tools that will prevent exploitation of integrated computing systems.
7. Phishing Research Released: Vade, a specialist in threat detection and response, has released its annual Phishers’ Favorites report for 2022. Phishers’ Favorites Year-in-Review is a ranking of the top 20 most impersonated brands in phishing. Google, which was ranked #28 in 2021, rose to the third spot for 2022 after a 1,560% increase in phishing pages. The cloud provider trailed only Microsoft at #2 and Facebook at #1 in this year’s list, which each remained in the same spot for the second consecutive year.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)