BeyondTrust Adds Features, Capabilities to Flagship Identity & Access Security Platform
BeyondTrust, an identity and access security provider, has unwrapped a number of products and upgrades that the company said will enhance its solutions and add customer-centric features to its flagship platform.
Privileged Remote Access 23.1 is BeyondTrust’s new Infrastructure Access Management solution enabling developers, cloud ops engineers and technical workers to securely and more easily access critical business resources. The release includes a streamlined access console, new SQL database proxy and additional cloud automation API scripts.
The new features are intended to enhance productivity for technical workers and provide admins with greater control of secure access to their systems, BeyondTrust said.
Commenting on BeyondTrust’s product introductions and upgrades, Marc Maiffret, BeyondTrust chief technology officer, said:
“Securing identities and access is critical to combating today’s cyberthreats. We continue to invest in innovation to enable visibility and control of all identities and access pathways, detect advanced identity threats, and automatically remediate gaps and adjust policies.”
BeyondTrust Product Innovations
The Privileged Remote Access 23.1 release includes:
- Streamlined Access Console grants developers and cloud ops engineers exclusive access to authorized systems, fostering productivity and focus.
- New SQL Database Proxy boosts user experience and delivers a thorough audit trail by enabling seamless database connections via familiar local tools like Azure Data Studio.
- Additional Cloud Automation API Scripts simplifies system creation and access control in cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP by automating manual tasks and offering detailed insights into system access and activities.
New features for Windows, Mac Privilege Management
Privilege Management for Windows & Mac 23.1 and 23.2 introduced new features and capabilities to:
- Help customers secure their endpoints
- Reduce their attack surfaces
- Make achieving least privilege simple for organizations that often have understaffed and overstretched security teams
- Protect their organizations against threat actors of all shapes, sizes, and creativity levels
Product highlights include:
- Streamlined Activity Tracking equips security and IT teams with a comprehensive and transparent information source on all changes made to policies, users, computers, and computer groups.
- Enhanced SIEM Integration with Elastic Common Schema (ECS) Format introduces an improved integration method with SIEM tools using the Elastic Common Schema (ECS) format for a more streamlined approach.
- Optimized Application Rules Management make policy adjustments swiftly and effectively, with the ability to enable or disable application rules or definitions within a policy.
- Enhanced Endpoint Connection Status Monitoring offers organizations a user-friendly, real-time method for tracking the connection status of all endpoints within their estates to Privilege Management for Windows and Mac.
- Efficient Computer Duplication Filtering empowers organizations to declutter their computer lists and effortlessly locate required devices by filtering out duplicate entries.
Key developments for Q1 include:
- BeyondTrust Intelligent Identity and Access Security solutions in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- A new Jamf partnership for better managing and securing Mac endpoints
- Extended integrations to include Robotic Process Automation (RPA) partners like Blue Prism and UiPath, ensuring the security of non-human identities
- Established new HSM or Hardware Security Module integrations with Thales, Dinamo, Entrust, and Fortanix helping to provide even further levels of security and encryption
- Certified several Passwordless multi-factor authentication solutions, including Beyond Identity, BIO-key, BlokSec and authID