BMC Unveils Cloud-Based SecOps and IT Security Management Solution
BMC has introduced a cloud-based security operations (SecOps) and IT security management solution. It’s designed to reduce companies’ attack surface across AWS, Microsoft Azure and multi-cloud environments.
The new BMC SecOps Response Service “simplifies, enforces and ensures security for multi-cloud and on-premise environments,” according to BMC. It can be paired with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), BMC BladeLogic Server Automation and other endpoint management tools, BMC said, to help organizations prioritize and remediate security threats.
In addition, the solution enables organizations to enforce security policies and manage multiple cloud environments and on-premise systems from one tool, BMC stated.
BMC SecOps Response Service Features
The BMC SecOps Response Service offers:
- IT Security Visibility: Provides visibility into planned actions, predictive service-level agreements (SLAs) and burndown views.
- Rapid Import Capabilities: Enable organizations to create vulnerability scanning reports via native integration with Qualys, Rapid7 and Tenable.
- Vulnerability Management Support: Helps organizations operationalize their vulnerability management strategies.
- Vulnerability Prioritization Capabilities: Ensure organizations can prioritize vulnerabilities based on policy, SLAs and severity.
The BMC SecOps Response Service also provides context into vulnerability data, BMC Vice President and General Manager of Security Operations David Cramer said in a prepared statement.
By doing so, the solution ensures organizations can prioritize and remediate security vulnerabilities based on their potential business impact, Cramer noted.
BMC SecOps Response Service Benefits
The BMC SecOps Response Service provides SecOps teams with the ability to implement an integrated and automated response to security threats, BMC stated.
With the solution, SecOps teams can:
- Streamline their vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Create lists to address security risks based on a variety of factors.
- Use blindspot awareness capabilities to eliminate unknown vulnerability access points.
Moreover, the BMC SecOps Response Service enables IT security management teams to “isolate and focus on the most critical fixes first,” BMC indicated.
The solution helps IT security management teams:
- Analyze the vulnerability lifecycle.
- Monitor both server and networking infrastructure.
- Provide auditors and stakeholders with data to show process performance and success in addressing vulnerabilities.
Ultimately, the BMC SecOps Response Service drives collaboration and coordination between SecOps and IT security management teams, Cramer said.