Absolute Unveils Android Mobile Endpoint Security, Compliance Support
Absolute, a Vancouver-based company that specializes in self-healing endpoint security and compliance, has introduced new capabilities to manage and protect Android devices and data.
IT security professionals now can leverage a single cloud-based solution to gain visibility into Android, Chromebook, Mac and Windows endpoints across an enterprise, Absolute said. We’re checking to see if the platform has multi-tenant support for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
Absolute for Android enables enterprises to assess vulnerabilities, prioritize risks and remediate cyberattacks on Android smartphones and tablets, according to Absolute.
The Android capabilities are part of Absolute’s cloud-based Data & Device Security (DDS) product, the company said, and allow IT security professionals to:
- Assess Android endpoints alongside Chromebook, Mac and Windows devices from a single pane of glass.
- Gain insights into an enterprise’s endpoint population and security posture.
- Generate reports to show auditors that security measures were properly implemented and in place at the time of an incident.
- Track Android devices on a Google Map.
- Create geofences based on corporate policies and investigate or freeze devices that are out of bounds or entering an unauthorized location.
- Receive instant notifications if risk conditions are triggered.
- Leverage vulnerability scoring for alert prioritization.
In addition, Absolute’s Android Vulnerability Report is generally available on both Absolute DDS Professional and Premium editions; this capability enables IT security professionals to view a vulnerability rating for each active Android device in an account.
Absolute Releases 3Q FY17 Financial Results
Absolute has been growth mode. For the company’s 3Q FY17 results, Absolutely delivered:
- Absolute DDS revenue of $23.1 million, up 7 percent year over year.
- Absolute DDS commercial average contract value of $88.2 million, an increase of 9 percent year over year.
- Commercial recurring revenue of $21.6 million, a year-over-year increase of 9 percent.
Absolute is projecting total revenue of $91.4 million to $92.4 million in FY17, which would represent 6 percent to 8 percent annual DDS segment revenue growth, the company stated.