Cylance, KPMG Partner to Deliver AI-Based Enterprise Security Solutions
Cylance, the artificial intelligence-based threat prevention solutions provider, has added its endpoint protection technology to KPMG‘s security strategy and roadmap services portfolio. KPMG professionals now can use Cylance’s ThreatZERO services to assess enterprise IT environments, according to a prepared statement.
The partnership enables enterprises to leverage the following cybersecurity solutions:
- Compromise Assessments: Offer network insights to help enterprise users quickly detect and respond to cyberattacks.
- Cyber Due Diligence: Empowers users with cybersecurity assessments to identify and evaluate risks associated with mergers, acquisitions and other deals.
- Endpoint Protection and Threat Prevention: Uses AI and machine learning to identify, detect and prevent endpoint attacks.
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Compliance: Provides continuous data monitoring to help enterprises comply with GDPR.
- Incident Response: Enables users to respond to incidents, regardless of size or network location.
- Managed Response Services: Deliver endpoint protection, including strategy, implementation, monitoring, response and reporting.
- Third-Party Risk Assessments: Ensure third-parties that access networks do not have malware.
Enterprises can use Cylance’s services and technologies to protect their systems and sensitive data against known and unknown threats, CEO Stuart McClure stated. As such, the software company could help KPMG professionals simultaneously eliminate cyber risks and grow their businesses.
Cylance Adds $120 Million in Funding, Opens Worldwide HQ in California
In addition to its KPMG partnership, Cylance this week announced it closed a $120 million funding round. The software provider intends to use the financing to boost its sales, marketing and development efforts, bolster its global footprint across Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific regions and upgrade its cybersecurity solutions.
Cylance also opened worldwide headquarters this month at the Irvine Spectrum Center in Irvine, California. The HQ hosts more than 350 employees and supports the mission to recruit top talent and advance its position as a global endpoint protection leader, according to the company.
Is a Cylance IPO Coming Soon?
Speculation persists about a potential Cylance IPO following the company’s performance in fiscal year 2018. Cylance recorded 90 percent year-over-year growth and exceeded $130 million in revenues during FY18, Chief Financial Officer Brian Robins stated. The company also has more than 4,000 customers, including 20 percent of the Fortune 500.
Cylance applies AI, algorithmic science and machine learning to cybersecurity to help organizations address malware, ransomware and other advanced cyber threats. Meanwhile, MSSPs can partner with the company to offer CylancePROTECT threat prevention solution to customers.