IT Alerting Simplified: Everbridge Unveils Integration Platform-as-a-Service
Everbridge, a critical event management and incident response solutions provider, has launched Integration Platform-as-a-Service (IPaaS) — a self-service platform for IT alerting.
IPaaS enables IT professionals to develop technology integrations designed to improve incident response automation and orchestration, according to a prepared statement.
How Does IPaaS Work?
With IPaaS, IT teams can build integrations with tools and solutions they already use, including:
- Application performance monitoring (APM).
- Development and operations (DevOps).
- IT operations monitoring (ITOM).
- IT service management (ITSM).
- Network performance monitoring (NPM).
- Security information and event management (SIEM).
IPaaS also allows IT teams to develop a closed-loop response automation process to handle critical IT incidents, changes and requests, said Vick Vaishnavi, GM of Everbridge’s IT alerting business. The platform uses a “no-code” or “low-code” approach that enables IT teams to design and construct custom integrations through point and click actions.
What Does IPaaS Offer?
Key features of IPaaS include:
- Automated Workflow Integration: Automatically maps technology integrations to meet an IT team’s existing workflows.
- No Software Required: Uses Everbridge’s intelligent parsing and mapping engine to retrieve incoming alerts, assess them and trigger the appropriate actions.
- Regular IT Updates: Delivers real-time IT health status and activity monitoring.
In addition, IPaaS can be used in combination with Everbridge’s Smart Orchestration technology to provide IT teams with full control over the IT task automation process, the company said. IPaaS and Smart Orchestration together enable IT teams to remotely control any step within an IT process and initiate actions via SMS, instant message, email or phone.
Everbridge: Here’s What You Need to Know
Everbridge offers a software-as-a-service (SaaS) emergency communications platform that can provide message delivery to over 100 different devices across more than 200 countries and territories. The company also provides critical communications and enterprise safety applications, including:
- Incident Management: Provides consistent, error-free messaging for all types of incidents.
- IT Alerting: Ensures IT staff members can stay connected to one another and keep key stakeholders informed until an IT incident is resolved.
- Mass Notification: Delivers emergency communications to individuals or groups using lists, locations and visual intelligence.
Everbridge sent over 2 billion messages in 2017, the company stated. Meanwhile, more than 3,700 global organizations currently leverage Everbridge’s emergency communications platform.