Granite Telecommunications Unveils MDR Security Services
Granite Telecommunications, a communication services provider for businesses and government agencies, has added managed detection and response (MDR) services to its Guardian managed network services.
Guardian MDR combines intrusion detection and threat hunting with incident response performed by Granite’s security analysts and backed by its security operations center (SOC), the company said. It provides the following security capabilities:
- Next-generation antivirus and antimalware
- Threat intelligence
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR)
- Log event collection and correlation
- File integrity monitoring
- Threat hunting
- SaaS threat monitoring
- Log data retention
Guardian MDR is now available.
Introducing Guardian FlexEdge
Along with Guardian MDR, Granite last month unveiled Guardian FlexEdge, which allows the company to deliver managed network support without deploying proprietary hardware.
Guardian FlexEdge is a managed network solution that offers firewall, SD-WAN, session border controller (SBC), cellular data router and other capabilities, Granite said. It enables organizations to:
- Terminate Ethernet circuits
- Connect broadband modems
- Add 4G/5G wireless backups
- Install proxy servers that activate Granite Guardian Advanced Monitoring
- Run instances of Granite SD-WAN or any of the company’s security solutions
- Deploy firewalls
- Install an SBC to run Granite VoIP services
In addition, Granite delivers on-premise and cloud Guardian firewalls. Both types of firewalls provide network edge or interface monitoring and automatic ticketing.
Demand for MDR services remains strong. The total MDR market is expected to reach $1.9 billion in 2024 — which represents a projected 16.4 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) from 2020, Frost & Sullivan predicts.