Hillstone Networks Rolls Out StoneOS, Latest Version for Next Generation Firewalls
Hillstone Networks, an enterprise security provider, has released the latest version of its operating system software that aims to strengthen the security posture of customer environments and streamline security operations with an easy upgrade path.
StoneOS 5.5R10 is the foundation for all Hillstone next-generation firewalls. The latest version has some 300 new features and benefits, including:
- AI-based high performance threat protection
- Centralized Zero Trust control and management
- Further simplification of security operations and system optimization
Commenting on the new version of StoneOS, Tim Liu, Hillstone chief technology officer and co-founder, said:
“The latest iteration of StoneOS continues to address the challenges faced by SecOps teams, and the constant risks faced by enterprises globally. Enhanced AI-driven threat protection, better integration, centralized control and management, and streamlined operations are all critical in delivering a stable and strategic approach to cyber-resilient cybersecurity environments.”
Key Features Detailed
Hillstone notes key features of the release:
- Threat protection enhancements with AI technology. The new StoneOS leverages AI technology to provide ML-based threat detection for encrypted traffic without the need for decryption. It also features intelligent DDoS protection and DGA detection.
- Centralized Zero Trust control and management. Advanced ZTNA implements centralized management for ZTNA policies through Hillstone Security Management (HSM), and supports intelligent connection to ZTNA gateways, single packet authentication (SPA), multiple vendor Operating System support for ZTNA clients, along with a ZTNA portal.
- Smarter interconnectivity with extended VPN capabilities. The extended VPN features support ECMP and failover for intelligent VPN routing and provide IPSec VPN tunnel establishment options by configuring custom ports and auto-negotiation.
- Streamlined system operations offload redundant workloads. The latest StoneOS introduces a simplified start-up wizard and automated NAT redundancy check to facilitate system operations, improving overall productivity for organizations by streamlining the workload of system administrators.
- Robust system-wide enhancements further ensure business continuity. System availability is improved across the board in the latest release, with support for advanced High Availability and the graceful restart of Border Gateway Protocol, further ensuring that business services remain uninterrupted for organizations.