Microsoft MSSP Association Expands; Difenda Joins MISA
The Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), designed for MSSPs and ISVs (independent software vendors), remains in expansion mode. The latest company to join MISA is Difenda, an MSSP that specializes in SecOps as a Service.
Difenda is a Microsoft Gold Partner with an Advanced Specialization in Threat Protection. It has various Microsoft certifications, including:
- Microsoft 365 Security Administrator
- Microsoft Security Operations Analyst
- Microsoft Azure Administrator
- Microsoft Azure Security Engineer
- Microsoft Information Protection Administrator
- Microsoft Identity and Access Administrator
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
Joining MISA is part of Difenda’s larger plan to expand its operations, the company said. Difenda previously opened an office in Arizona. It also hired Derek Nugent as its VP of sales and marketing from Herjavec Group, a Top 250 MSSP.
MISA Continues to Grow in 2021
Along with Difenda, other MSSPs and ISVs have joined MISA in 2021, including:
- Pathlock: The access orchestration platform provider became a MISA member in November 2021.
- CWSI: In September 2021, CWSI became the first Irish MSSP to join MISA.
- Avast: The digital security and privacy company joined MISA in April 2021.
MISA members can provide preview product access and input, and can access security integrations and leverage co-marketing opportunities.
As of August 2021, MISA had 67 MSSP members that supported 165 managed security services as of August 2021. Furthermore, MISA reported that 176 ISVs delivered 259 integrations as of July 2021.
Amazon Web Services Engages MSSPs
Somewhat similar to MISA, Amazon Web Services (AWS) in August 2021 introduced the Level 1 MSSP Competency for AWS Partners as it tries to foster new partnerships with MSSPs and ISVs. AWS Partners can earn this competency to deliver AWS security and monitoring as a fully managed service.