Netrix Acquires Cybersecurity, Digital Forensics Firm BTB Security
This is technology M&A deal number 75 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2022.
- See all technology M&A deals for 2022, 2021 and 2020 listed here.
- See more than 85 MSSP mergers and acquisitions listed here.
BTB expands Netrix’s managed security portfolio and its ability to deliver cybersecurity consulting services to small and midsize business (SMB) customers, the companies said. It also enables Netrix to deliver cybersecurity consulting services and bolsters the MSSP’s market reach and brand reputation, the buyer asserted.
A Closer Look at BTB Security
BTB delivers “pragmatic” cybersecurity services, according to the company. It provides a variety of cybersecurity services, including:
- CISO Advisory: Provides security assessments for cloud deployments.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC): Ensures a cybersecurity strategy is developed and implemented in accordance with an organization’s performance goals.
- Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Detects and addresses cyber threats.
- Threat Assessment: Helps organizations analyze threats and determine the best ways to minimize their impact.
BTB supports over 250 customers. It does not currently provide a channel partner program.
Netrix Appoints New CEO
The BTB acquisition comes after Netrix in January 2022 named Russell P. Reeder as its CEO. Reeder succeeds Rob Dang, who now serves as vice chairman on Netrix’s board of directors.
Netrix provides cloud, security, collaboration, ITSM and application development solutions. It offers a channel partner program that lets MSSPs, VARs and other technology providers integrate these solutions into their portfolios.